Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.2 E-Mount Lens Officially Announced
Voigtlander officially announced the new Nokton 50mm f/1.2 Aspherical Lens for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The US price hasn’t announced yet while the Japanese price is ¥150,000 (excluding tax). Shipping is scheduled to start in April 2019.
In addition, Voigtlander announced the development of Nokton 21mm f/1.4 Aspherical lens for Sony E-mount and Voigtlander Nokton Vintage Line 75mm f/1.5 Aspherical VM lens for Leica M-mount – and six different mirrorless lens adapter.
|Focal length||50 mm|
|Aperture ratio||1: 1.2|
|Lens configuration||6 groups 8 pieces|
|Angle of view||47.5 °|
|Number of diaphragm blades||12 sheets|
|Shortest shooting distance||0.45 m|
|Maximum shooting magnification||1: 7.0|
|Maximum diameter × total length||φ 70.1 × 58.8 mm|
|Filter size||φ 58 mm|
|Focus magnification function||Correspondence|
|Lens correction selection||Possible|
|5-axis body hand movement||Correspondence (limited to body with 5 axes)|
|Other:||With aperture switching mechanism|
Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.2 Aspherical Lens for Sony E-mount
- Product page / news
- Lens construction: 6 groups 8 pieces
- Minimum shooting distance: 0.45 m
- Maximum photographing magnification: 1: 7.0
- Diaphragm blade: 12 sheets
- Filter size: φ 58 mm
- Size: φ 70.1 × 58.8 mm
- Weight: 434 g
- Suggested retail price: 150,000 yen + tax
- Expected release date: April 2019
- Two lenses / six adapters are available as reference for CP +
- NOKTON 21mm F1.4 Aspherical E-mount
- NOKTON Vintage Line 75mm F1.5 Aspherical VM
- VM-Z Adapter
- VM – Z Close Focus Adapter
- VM-RF Adapter
- VM-RF Close Focus Adapter
- VM-X Close Focus Adapter
- EZ Adapter
- Factorender E-mount adapter to attach lens to Nikon Z
Designed with a new interpretation 50 mm F1.2 with a history that has been loved by professional photographers as a specification that demonstrates the principle of large aperture lens. By adopting two double-sided aspherical lenses, it has the performance that you can use with confidence from opening the diaphragm, you can enjoy a large blur taste. The large caliber but compact style provides excellent handling with excellent balance with the body.
- Sony E mount compatible With electronic contacts, lens usage status is reflected in Exif information of shooting data. In addition, because it incorporates a distance encoder, it supports 5 axis shake compensation on the camera body side. It is also possible to enlarge the viewfinder by operating the focus ring.
- Optimized optical design In addition to securing full-size image circle, it adopts optical design optimized for Sony E mount sensor. Maintaining high resolution up to the periphery of the screen, phenomena such as color hue are suppressed.
- Outstanding optical performance, four aspherical surfaces adopted as two aspherical lenses out of the eight lenses, both lenses are made aspherical, realizing both high-quality image quality and large aperture.
- Manual Focus capable of reliable focusing by adopting a total metal helicoid unit processed and adjusted with high precision and high quality grease producing moderate torque, smooth operation feeling is realized. It enables delicate focus adjustment.
- Aperture click switching mechanism a stop switching mechanism capable of opening and closing the aperture ring steplessly without generating click sound is installed. There is no need to worry about picking up the operation sound of the aperture ring at the time of movie recording.