Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens to be Announced Next Week
Nokishita reports that Tamron will officially announce the new 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD lens (model A056) for Sony E-mount next week. The US price will be less than half of the Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS lens ($2,598), probably around $1,199.
Here are the main specifications of the Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD lens:
- 19 elements in 14 groups
- minimum shooting distance: 0.85m (0.27m at wide end MF)
- Close-up photography possible
- Maximum shooting magnification 1: 4.6 (AF), 1: 2 (MF)
- 9 aperture blades
- Dimenssions: 81mm x 149mm
- Comfortably compact (149mm / 5.9 in) and lightweight (815g / 28.7 oz).
- 67mm filter diameter, same as all other Tamron lenses for full-frame mirrorless cameras.
- Superb optical performance and MOD of 0.85m (33.5 in) for a broader range of photographic versatility.
- Extremely quiet and fast newly developed VXD linear motor focus mechanism.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating contribute to a comfortable, user-friendly photographic experience.
- Compatible with various camera-specific features including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF.
Stay tuned with us for more Sony Camera Rumors.
Read more: Best Lenses for Sony a7R IV.