The latest rumor suggests that the upcoming Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM II Lens is extremely sharp and will be the lightest in its class, and the design will be like the 70-200mm F2.8 GM II. Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM II will be announced in April, but the exact date is still unknown.
Like the ” FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II “, it seems that there is a possibility that it will be a new model with improved optical performance while reducing weight. I don’t know how light it is, but I can expect it because it mentions it as “the lightest”. So far, the weight of the “24-70mm F2.8” lens is the same as it is now.
- Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM: 900g
- Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f2.8 S: 805g
- Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM: 886g
- Panasonic LUMIX S PRO 24-70mm F2.8: 935g
- Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN: 830g
- Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN: 470g
- Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III VXD G2: 540g
- Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III RXD: 550g
- Samyang AF 24-70mm F2.8 FE: 1027g
Excluding the Sigma and Tamron lenses, which have a reduced focal length, the 24-70mm F2.8 class weighs 800-900g. Since it says “the lightest”, you can expect it to be a lighter lens than Nikon’s 805g.
Stay tuned with us for more Sony Camera Rumors.
- Best Lenses for Sony a1
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a1
- Best Lenses for Sony a7 IV
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7 IV
- Best Lenses for Sony a7S III
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7S III
- Best Lenses for Sony a7R IV
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7R IV