Sony a9 Firmware Ver.6.00 Released, Adds Animal Eye AF, Interval Shooting and More
Sony has released the new firmware version 6.00 for Sony a9 mirrorless camera, to add real-time Eye AF for animals, interval shooting functionality and compatibility with RMT-P1BT. You can follow the links below to download the firmware updates.
Benefits and Improvements from the latest update
IMPORTANT: For customers updating the ILCE-9 from firmware Ver. 4.10 or earlier, please review the benefits and changes before performing the update.
- Adds real-time Eye AF for animals
- This function can be used simultaneously with tracking.
- Eye detection may not be possible, depending on the environment, animal type or the movement of the animal.
- It is not possible to simultaneously detect human and animal eyes.
Please see the Support site for details.
- Addition of the interval shooting function
- Allows the operation with the wireless remote commander RMT-P1BT (sold separately)
- Other improvements:
- [Focus Frame Color] can be selected.
- “My Menu” can be assigned to appear first when you press the MENU button.
- Improves the overall stability of the camera