The new Sony a7 IV camera announcement was originally scheduled to happen in September 2021, but now according to the trusted sources, the Sony a7 IV announcement has been delayed to October 2021 due to the worldwide chip production shortage.
Semiconductor manufacturers are working hard to increase production, but chip supply problems will not be resolved until early 2022.
Sony a7 IV Rumored Specifications:
- Camera type: Full-frame mirrorless
- Sensor: Full-frame 30Mp BSI CMOS
- Processing engine: Bionz XR
- Sensitivity: ISO 50-204,800
- The same menu system as Sony a7S III
- Autofocus system: Hybrid with 693 phase detection points and 425 contrast detection points, Real Time Eye AF (Human and Animal for stills and video)
- Stabilisation: 5-axis IBIS and digital, up to 5.5EV shutter speed compensation
- Video resolution: 4K at up 60fps and 1080p at 240fps, 10-bit and 4:2:2 colour over HDMI
- Gamut: S-Log2 and S-Log3, S-Gamut3.Cine and S-Gamut3
- Still File formats: Raw, JPG, HEIF
- Screen: 3-inch 1,440,000-dot vari-angle touchscreen
- Viewfinder: 0.5-inch OLED with 3.69million dots
- Maximum continuous shooting rate: 10fps with mechanical or electronic shutter
- Storage: Dual: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II) and CFexpress Type A
- Launch Price: $2,499
Stay tuned with us for more Sony Camera Rumors.
- Best Lenses for Sony a7 III
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7 III
- Best Lenses for Sony a1
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a1
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!