Sigma officially announced the new Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Lens for Sony E-mount. The US price is $949 and it will be released on July 10, 2020. Now the new Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Lens is available for pre-order at B&H, Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, but can also work with APS-C models where it provides a 150-600mm equivalent focal length range.
- One F Low Dispersion (FLD) element and four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Optical image stabilization compensates for up to four stops of camera shake to help realize sharp imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- At the 100mm end of the zoom range, a minimum focusing distance of 3.7′ is available, and at the 400mm end, the minimum focusing distance is 5.2′ with a maximum magnification of 1:4.1.
- Integrated AFL button can be programmed to adjust various shooting settings and the lens also features a focus limiter switch for faster focusing performance within certain distance ranges. There is a zoom lock switch to prevent the barrel from accidentally extended.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity and rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount’s design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Compatible with optional TS-111 Tripod Socket for working atop a tripod or monopod; the included PT-31 Protective Cover can be attached to the lens to maintain a seamless appearance if the tripod socket is not used.
SIGMA Corporation is pleased to announce the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary.
A remarkable optical performance and a full range of functionalities in a compact body for exceptional lightweight shooting. Introducing a long-awaited ultra-telephoto zoom lens designed exclusively for full-frame mirrorless cameras.
With the levels of optical performance and functionalities essential for full-fledged shooting packed into a lightweight and compact body, which is a key in field photography, the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary is an ultra-telephoto zoom lens that invites you to take it with you on casual outings.
The state-of-art optical design technology ensures edge-to-edge high-resolution and high-contrast image quality throughout its entire focal range. This new lens achieves high image quality which rivals that of standard zoom lenses such as the SIGMA 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art, ensuring a perfect match with these lenses while shooting.
The level of bokeh and compression effect only achieved by an ultra-telephoto lens provides a fresh perspective to ordinary everyday scenes. This combination of ultra-telephoto images with the excellent mobility of the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary will open up new ways for you to enjoy ultra-telephoto photography, as well as its possibilities, from everyday snapshots to field photography and everything in between.
Whether you are currently considering trying a telephoto lens or already are a telephoto lens connoisseur, the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary is a “light and enjoyable ultra-telephoto zoom lens” that will provide a great value and a variety of styles to your shooting experience.