Samyang AF 12mm f/2.0 APS-C E-Mount Lens Officially Announced
Samyang today officially announced the new AF 12mm f/2.0 compact ultra-wide angle lens for Sony APS-C Format E-Mount mirrorless cameras.
The US price is $399, and it is now available for pre-order at B&H.
- E-Mount Lens / APS-C Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.0 to f/22
- 1 ASPH, 1 HR Index, and 2 ED Elements
- UMC Ultra Multi-Coating
- Linear STM Autofocus Motor
- Minimum Focus Distance: 7.48″
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Filter Size: 62mm
- 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Petal Lens Hood and Fitted Case
This new prime lens is the world’s first Autofocus 12mm lens compatible with E mount, which performs optimally on Sony APS-C mirrorless cameras.
1. It’s the only option for APS-C users who want ultra-wide-angle autofocus lens.
2. It’s a perfect match to compact APS-C camera with gimbal, since it’s very compact and light.
3. It includes useful design features as well as new modern design to meet the photographers’ needs.
It has new modern designs such as matt finishing and a hidden red ring. An ergonomically designed grip with a micro pattern rubber ring maximizes the usability. A weather-sealing feature and a rear protective glass prevent dust, light rain, and snow from penetrating.
Bright F2 aperture guarantees faster shutter speed in low light condition while capturing astrophotography or nightscapes. 5 special glasses (1 H-ASP, 1 ASP, and 3 ED) in this lens deliver exceptional resolution from the center to corner, minimizing optical aberration. Meet the ‘Astrophotography-Centric’ lens for the photographers who want both astrophotography and Autofocus system.
The AF 12mm F2 E is a dream lens for APS-C users who want to take astrophotography. This 12mm focal length lens provides an ultra-wide-angle of view of 99.1° and has full compatibility with Sony APS-C mirrorless cameras (E mount). Now APS-C photographers can create wide angle astrophotography in harmony with the background landscape by taking advantage of wide angle of view. This lens offers a bright F2 aperture which guarantees faster shutter speed in low light conditions, and this makes you capture clear and round star shape.
Via: Samyang Lens