Specifically designed with vloggers and online content creators in mind, the Sony ZV-1F Compact Vlogging Camera is now officially announced. The ZV-1F has similar features to Sony ZV-1. The major difference is that the ZV-1 has a 24-70mm zoom lens wheas the ZV-1F comes with a 20mm fixed focal length lens.
Sony ZV-1F with Vlogger Accessory Kit (Black): $646 at B&H.
Release Date: October 24
Packed with creative power, easy-to-use vlogging functions, advanced connectivity, and eco-friendly features, it is the new go-to camera for vloggers and creators who want to capture stunning stills and videos. Priced at just $500, the Sony ZV-1F is a cheaper, beginner-friendly alternative to the popular Sony ZV-1(opens in new tab) and Sony ZV-E10(opens in new tab). Sony is aiming this vlogging camera at young content creators who want an affordable entry-level option that’s still better quality than a smartphone.
The Sony ZV-1F pairs a 20.1MP Type-1 stacked Exmor RS image sensor with a built-in, fixed 20mm F2 lens. The wide-angle lens is ideal for selfie video and the camera is designed to be held at arm’s length. To make it easier to hold, it’s also compact and lightweight, weighing just 256 grams (about 9 ounces). The camera has the same 3-inch vari-angle display as the ZV-1 and sports a smartphone-inspired touchscreen interface.
The Sony ZV-1F will be available from late October at a recommended price of $499.
Sony ZV-1F key features:
- Fixed ultra wide-angle 20 mm[i]0 prime lens for selfie shooting
- Background bokeh and Face priority AE to ensure subjects standout
- Skin tone optimisation including Soft Skin Effect option
- High precision focusing and Eye AF for both humans and animals[ii]
- Active Mode (electronic) image stabilisation when shooting video[iii]
- Creative Look presets for ultimate visual expression
- Slow motion and quick motion options to enhance creativity
- Product Showcase Setting for product reviews
- Enhanced touchscreen features with Touch Zoom and Step Zoom[iv] functionality
- Clear voice recording with 3-capsule mic and windscreen
4K 30p /FHD 120p
- Easy smartphone connection to transfer content for social platforms
- Eco-friendly features for reduced environmental impact
Review at Dpreview.