What to Expect from Sony a7S III after a7R III Announcement?
The newly announced Sony a7R III ($3,198) mirrorless camera has lots of amazing features and it is an extremely versatile tool for photographers, videographers, multi-media creators and all other types of professionals that demand reliability, flexibility and versatility.
- 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- 399-Point AF System & 10 fps Shooting
- UHD 4K30p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- 3.69m-Dot Tru-Finder OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.44m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- ISO 102400 & Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, Dual SD Slots
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C Port & PC Sync Port
That’s really amazing!
- 6K capable image processor and codec to maximise use of 24MP 6K stacked CMOS sensor
- Cinema 4K resolution (4096 x 2160) like GH5
- S-LOG and picture profiles, possibly revised and new HDR gamma curve added for their new TVs
- 10bit codec like GH5
- Full frame 6K sensor readout with stacked DRAM
- Bigger battery and more power efficient sensor and LSI
- Better haptic feedback from the body controls and dials
- Better placement of video record button, addition of joystick
- Like on a Canon DSLR, the body surface drops away around important controls like rear jog-dial, which is now raised up for a more tactile feel
- Better menus with video options separated from stills menus
- Vastly reduced rolling shutter from faster sensor
What do you expect from Sony a7S III? What’s your specs wishlist?
Like Sony a7S III Facebook page to get the latest Sony a7S III news in time!
In addition, we are getting ready for Sony Black Friday & Cyber Monday Camera Deals 2017.
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!