Tamron 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD Lens Development Announced
Tamron officially announced the development of the Tamron 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD Lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras. The upcoming Tamron 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD Lens will be released in the Fall, 2020.
Tamron announces the development of the world’s smallest and lightweight telephoto zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras
70-300mm f//4.5-6.3 Di III RXD (Model A047)
August 4, 2020, Saitama, Japan – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shiro Ajisaka; Headquarters: Saitama City), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of a new telephoto zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras, the 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD (Model A047).
PRODUCT NAME 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD (Model A047)
For Sony E-mount (35mm full-frame)
DATE OF LAUNCH Launch planned in the Fall, 2020
While Tamron has manufactured many popular telephoto zoom lenses that extend to 300mm for DSLR cameras, the newly released 70-300mm F4.5-6.3 is the first model designed for full-frame mirrorless cameras. Developed with the concept of bringing the joy of easy telephoto shooting to photographers everywhere, it’s the world’s smallest and lightest* 70-300mm zoom lens at 148mm (5.8 in), 545g (19.2 oz) and maximum diameter of 77mm, and delivers exceptional image quality.
Its Moisture-Resistant Construction provides greater protection when shooting outdoors and the lens shares the 67mm filter diameter common to all members of Tamron’s lens series for full-frame mirrorless cameras. The lens also takes full advantage of in-camera features, including Sony’s Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF that support a fantastic shooting experience. The 70-300mm F4.5-6.3 is a highly practical lens that makes the excitement of telephoto shooting easier than ever before across a diverse range of shooting styles including landscapes, sports and other athletic events, wildlife, portraits, and more.
* Among 300mm-capable telephoto zoom lenses for full-frame mirrorless cameras (As of July, 2020: Tamron).
- The world’s smallest and lightest size brings you the joy of easy telephoto shooting.
- Superb optical performance including high image quality and aberration correction.
- The AF drive system is powered by the RXD stepping motor unit for high-speed, high-precision and quiet operation.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction contributes to a comfortable, user friendly photographic experience.
* Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc. are subject to change without prior notice.