Here are the first leaked product images of the upcoming Sony a7S III mirrorless camera. The Sony a7S III will be officially announced on July 28, 2020 at 10:00 EDT, and it is now listed at B&H. The preorder starts at 10am ET, Tue Jul 28.
Sony a7S III Rumored Specifications:
- New 12MP sensor with fast readout and S-Cinetone colorscience
- records FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- ONLY Up to 4k60 will be 10bit 4:2:2 internal.
- Downsampled 1080p from 4K, making this the best 1080p hybrid ever made! No line skipping or pixel binning.
- No internal RAW.
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- no Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- Movie Edit add-on compatibility for Image Stabilization in post
- world’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- same Sony a7R IV AF system
- new kind of passive (noise free) cooling system
- no overheating, no recording time limits (They are claiming to not have overheating issues for at least 1hr even at the highest framerate.)
- UHSII card and CFexpress Type A card support (each of th two slots takes them both!)
- Looks pretty similar to a Sony a7R IV.
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- The video record button is now on the top of the camera, placed behind the shutter button
- Official announcement on July 28th
- shipment start mid August
Stay tuned with us for more Sony Camera Rumors.