Sony a7 IV vs Sony a7 III: Which Camera Should You Buy in 2022?
So which camera should you buy in 2022, the Sony a7 IV or the Sony a7 III? Jared Polin shared his thought to help you make that decision much easier. Either of these cameras are going to be a great first camera or even a “pro” camera as well. If you shoot sports, portraits, weddings, you name it, these cameras can do it.
Sony a7 IV Key Features:
- 33MP Full-Frame Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Up to 10 fps Shooting, ISO 100-51200
- 4K 60p Video in 10-Bit, S-Cinetone
- 3.68m-Dot EVF with 120 fps Refresh Rate
- 3″ 1.03m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- 759-Pt. Fast Hybrid AF, Real-time Eye AF
- Focus Breathing Compensation
- 5-Axis SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Creative Looks and Soft Skin Effect
- 4K 15p UVC/UAC Streaming via USB Type-C
Sony a7 III Key Features:
- 24MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- 693-Point Hybrid AF System
- UHD 4K30p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- 2.36m-Dot Tru-Finder OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 922k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- ISO 204800 and 10 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC, Dual SD Slots
- USB Type-C Port, Weather-Sealed Design
Sony a7 IV body: $2,498 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Sony a7 III body: $1,998 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Best Lenses for Sony a7 IV
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7 IV
- Best Lenses for Sony a7 III
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7 III
Via: Jared Polin