First Image & Press Release of Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens
Tamron will announce the new Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E-mount in the next few days. Here is the first image and press release of the upcoming Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens.
The 20-40mm F2.8, TAMRON’s latest innovation, is an unparalleled fast-aperture standard zoom lens that’s easy to carry for both stills and video. The Sony E-mount lens is designed for full-frame mirrorless cameras, and is made in such a spirit that it is also ideal for everyday use. From 20mm to 40mm in the normal focus range, the ultra-wide angle is the smallest and lightest in its class.
The 20-40mm F/2.8 delivers beautiful performance throughout the zoom range and is great for stills as well as vlogs and other video content. The lens features TAMRON VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive), a SAR AF drive system using a linear motor focus mechanism. The VXD boasts excellent quietness and agile performance, and achieves high-speed and high-precision auto focus. With a MOD (Minimum Object Distance) function of just 0.17m and a wide-angle lens with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.8, the lens provides exceptional close-up shooting capabilities. In addition, it also offers an additional mode of wide-angle macro photography.
Key features of the TAMRON 20-40mm F/2.8 Di III VXD
Its outstanding features include its fast F2.8 aperture, compact size and extremely versatile 20-40 mm zoom range.
The 20-40mm F/2.8 was brought to the design table by TAMRON for the purpose of creating a new and innovative zoom lens. The main purpose of this is to add a compact, easily portable lens to the colorful arsenal of TAMRON lenses.
It is unique in its category not only with its impressive zoom range and brightness value, but also with its weight of only 86.5 mm and 365 g. The longest zoom distance is 40mm, offering a normal focus range that is practical for everyday photography, portraits and food photography. While the 20mm focal length allows users to enjoy a wide range of photography, including stunning and powerful natural landscapes. They do require the unique ultra-wide-angle perspective, which cannot be expressed so easily with a StAndaRd zoom lens with a fast aperture starting at 24mm.
Videos, vlogs and other online content
The compact and lightweight 20-40mm F2.8 offers excellent handling, which delivers the expected quality even when accessories such as a camera handle or gimbal stabilizer are attached to it. You won’t miss a single shot with this lens, you can capture everything from street video, to landscapes while traveling, to selfies with a wide background.
– High image quality in a compact and lightweight body
– TAMRON VXD linear motor for high AF speed and accuracy
– Take wide macro shots: MOD 0.17m and 1:3.8 maximum zoom ratio in the wide angle
– Fast zoom (the rotation curve of the zoom ring is only 65°)
– TAMRON Lens UtilityTM software for setting the focus ring function and firmware updates.
– New design with better texture and scratch resistance
– 67mm filter size, same as most other TAMRON lenses for mirrorless cameras
– User-friendly features (moisture-resistant construction and fluorine coating)
– Compatible with many camera-specific functions, including fast hybrid AF and Eye AF.
- Best Lenses for Sony a7 IV
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7 IV
- Best Lenses for Sony a7 III
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7 III
- Best Lenses for Sony a1
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a1
- Best Lenses for Sony a7S III
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7S III